Commission on Christian Unity and Interreligious Concerns
Role of Committee/Board – The Commission on Christian Unity and Interreligious Concerns shall exercise its ecumenical leadership role in seeking to fulfill two major responsibilities in the context of the search for the unity of the human community and the renewal of creation:
- To advocate and work toward the full reception of the gift of Christian Unity in every aspect of the Church’s life and to foster approaches to ministry and mission that more fully reflect the oneness of Christ’s church in the human community.
- To advocate and work for the establishment and strengthening of relationships with other living faith communities, and to further dialogue with persons of other faiths, cultures, and ideologies. (¶ 1902 BOD)
The following organizations are supported by the Baltimore-Washington Conference:
West Virginia Council of Churches
CMEC Central Maryland Ecumenical Council
Hagerstown Area Religious Council
Washington Interfaith Network
Interfaith Housing of Western Maryland
Schedule of meetings:
Frequency: Every other month except summers
Location BWC Mission Center, 11711 E. Market Place, Fulton
Time: 6-9 p.m.
For more information:
Rev. Dellyne I Hinton
Sharp St Memorial UMC
1206 Etting St
- Week of January 18, 2012: Week of Christian Unity - asking for prayers for Christian unity which will be posted daily during that week (send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- January 22, 2012: Ecumenical Sunday
- January 23, 2013 @ 7:00 PM: St Matthew's Catholic Church 5401 Loch Raven Blvd Baltimore, MD 21239
- January 25: The Octave of Prayer for Christian Unity begins each year on January 18 and ends on January 25. On the final day of the octave, we will have our third annual Prayer Service for Christian Unity in the Chapel of Grace at 7:30 p.m. Ministers from various Christian denominations will be participating. Bishop Eugene Sutton of the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland will be the main speaker. All are welcome. Please join us.