Contact Name: Robert Willasch
About Our Ministry:
The Committee on Native American Ministry (CONAM) supports Native American ministry and outreach, promotes awareness of the Native American community residing within the bounds of our annual conference and develops leadership among the Native community.
CONAM has two major ministries. One is a prison ministry whose purpose is to let Native American inmates know that we love and care for them and their spiritual life. We send the inmates copies of a Native American Christian newspaper, which is published bi-monthly. Currently, we are sending subscriptions to three prisons for males in Maryland and one prison for females in West Virginia. The second major outreach ministry involves our continued support of the WINS program, which is sponsored by American University in Washington, D.C. The program offers classes and internships for qualified Native American students. CONAM members welcome the students to the area and serve as their mentors and contacts away from home.
- Baltimore American Indian Center
- Archive | The National Museum of the American Indian
- Kind Hearted Woman | FRONTLINE | PBS
- National Museum of the American Indian
- General Commission on Religion and Race (GCORR)
- Native American Ministries Sunday
- National Congress of American Indians (NCAI)
- Native American Rights Fund (NARF)
- Washington Internships for Native Students (WINS)