Change the World 2012
OCTOBER 12-14, 2012
Use the Twitter hashtag: #bwcctw
Imagine 22,000 people all working together to do the things that matter in their communities.
The Change the World Mission Weekend will celebrate the spirit of United Methodism, a faith built on social action.
Congregations of the Baltimore-Washington Conference are encouraged to move outside the walls of their local churches to serve in their communities in one weekend as a witness. Health fairs, environmental clean-up projects, food drives--the possibilities are endless.
See below to find out who will be involved in the weekend and find resources you can use to promote this event in your community.
Go. Be. Do.
"One of the principal rules of religion is, to lose no occasion of serving God. And, since he is invisible to our eyes, we are to serve him in our neighbor; which he receives as if done to himself in person, standing visibly before us."
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
1 Peter 4:10
Register Your Church or group
|register your church or group|
- Take a look at some project ideas to get the creative juices flowing.
- United Methodist Women Ubuntu Toolkit (Ministry with the Poor)
- Upper Room Prayer Vigil Guide
Promote the Event
- Download the flyer to post in your church:
- Companion Multimedia Bundle available from umc.org - Graphics Catalog
- Event Planning Tips (UMC)
- Social Media Promotion Plan (PDF)
- Suggestions for Media Coverage (UMC)
- Sample Press Release (UMC)
- Using Twitter (UMC)
Worship and Study Tools
- Sermon Series (UMC)
- Youth and Young Adult Study Series (UMC)
- Children's Supplement (UMC)
- Children's Ministry Graphics (UMC)